As an early childhood education consultant since 1980, I have watched fads come and go and educational priorities wax and wane. But despite the shifting strategies of the adults around them, children have remained the same! They still need to physically experience concepts to fully understand them, and their preferred modes of acquiring knowledge have always been, and still are, movement, play, and active learning.
My work – whether it’s in the form of presentations, consulting, curriculum design, books, articles, or radio interviews – is primarily dedicated to the understanding, now confirmed through brain research, that the mind and body are connected and interdependent.
I want to help audiences and readers:
- better understand the mind/body connection
- educate the whole child
- implement active learning across the curriculum (get children moving and learning)
- promote the value of play
- identify and implement developmentally appropriate fitness and physical education for young children
- promote children’s creativity despite the trend toward standardization
- advocate for developmentally appropriate practice
If you're looking for someone to keynote at your next conference, to write physical activity curriculum, or to consult with you on movement, play, creativity, or advocacy for developmentally appropriate practice, call me at 703-550-0595 or write me at email@example.com. I look forward to talking with you!